Monday, July 20, 2009

Baby Everitt has arrived!

No 38 week belly shot photo to post as Dylan Julian Everitt arrived Sunday 7/19/09 at 4:12pm. He weighed 7'6" and was 19.5 " long. Baby is doing great and mom is recovering. It was a day we will NEVER forget and I'll try to make a long story short.... as you may remember I mentioned last weekend I had some nauseau and upset stomache. I had the same problem Friday all day and Sunday starting around 5 AM. I thought it was something I could try to sleep off so I made Chad go golfing and my mom come babysit me. We turned on the British Open and I took several naps. Somewhere around noon I had developed full on HELLP Syndrome. Basically I had a seizure and had to be taken to Genesis East in an ambulance. Once admitted I was told the only way to get better was to give birth - Bucko Jr had to come out via c-section now. So, away I went and Dylan entered our world 2 weeks early! But there's more - as a result of the issues I was sent to Intensive Care immediately after the C-section where I have been recovering. I am about to be released to post partum but I did not meet my little guy until 1 pm today, over 20 hours after he was born!!! So sad. So anyway, we have lots of catching up to do. Below, our new family of 3!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Everitt family!!! I am so happy to hear that Mom and Baby are doing well! Can't wait to meet the little guy. Love you all! Sara Marriott

Sarah said...

Oh Lina, I'm so sorry you had to go through all that, but I'm happy to hear you are ok, and loving all the pics your mom put on Picasa. See you in a month! Love, Sarah

Rebecca said...

CONGRATS! What an adorable little boy! I am SO glad that you seem to be doing better (and blogging so soon, way to go !). You are a real trooper - what an ordeal! I can't wait to trek it up to the QC and meet the little man.

Andrea said...

He is darling!! I am so happy to hear both of you are doing well. Please let us know when you are up to visitors, we would love to meet the Baby Dylan. Take care - and try to get some well deserved rest!

Unknown said...

oh caroline, he is perfect! what a busy weekend for the mcgee/weigle fam! can't wait for our little guys to meet each other! love, anna

Barb said...

Thanks for allowing us to come visit last night. What a BEAUTIFUL family! Dylan is a lucky little boy to have such a wonderful, loving family! Can't wait to share in the fun!! Take good care of each other!!

Lots of love,
Barb