Sunday, February 7, 2010

Valentine's Celebration... One Week Early

What an amazing weekend it has been. Chad surprised me Saturday for an overnight at a bed and breakfast in East Dubuque. We stayed at the 'Egyptian Suite' at the Captain Merry Inn. The room was 800 square feet, equipped with heated floors and even a heated toilet seat. We had the place to ourselves and we enjoyed some R&R and a little quiet time away from Dylan (who overnighted with grandma Kathy). For evening entertainment we went to dinner at a place called Champagne in the Mystic Casino and then stayed for a little gambling. Fortunately neither of us lost much money so that was a bonus. Here is a picture of our room but I'm not sure it does it justice... I love my husband!!!




Sunday the honeymoon was over and it was time to come back to reality and baby D! I hardly have any pictures of him these past few weeks so I tried to take a couple yesterday. His latest hobby is watching Baby Bach, a baby einstein DVD he got for Christmas. It is a lifesaver! I can keep him entertained watching it for at least 20 minutes most days (which is what I am doing now to finish this post)! And if I give him a teething ring, life is really good!



Finally, yesterday we had a quiet night at home with Chad's family watching the Super Bowl and celebrating Aunt Jen Jen's birthday. So many friends with birthdays this week. Happy Birthday to Rebecca, Sara, Jen, Jenny, Kari, and cousin Jon next week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww...I didn't know you guys went away for the wknd. You didn't mention it last night. How fun! He is sooo adorable. Thank you for letting me play, feed, bathe, and have fun with him. I <3 you guys. ~ <(") jen jen

Rebecca said...

Way to go Chad! You look so cute in your robe in that picture, I am sure it was a much needed couples time away. Those kinda nights are so good for a marriage. YAY.

TV can be the best (and worst) thing for a mom. :) The battle to watch it, but the wonders of what you can get done when you do let them!