Thursday, April 22, 2010

9 month update

The 9 month stats are in - 28 1/4 inches and 17 lbs 13 oz. 50th for height and 10th for weight. Still a peanut! The best part about our appointment was we walked away with 24 FREE ounces of Enfamil samples. A $25 value, score!!! The afternoon was uneventful other than two funny stories. First, the nurse practioner mentioned she could tell Dylan eats plenty of veggies because of his skin. I just recently learned that orange veggies like sweet potatoes and squash tint the baby's skin yellow. I guess its obvious what Chad likes to feed Dyl for dinner! The second is the 9 month hand out I took home mentions it is time to teach the baby 'No'. It even goes on to state that if the baby doesn't respond to 'No' that we should try putting him in a play pen for one minute without toys and attention from mom. Hello! Is it just me or is Dylan too little for 'time out'? I thought that was weird. But just for fun, I tried starting with 'No' tonight. Dylan's new hobby is blowing bubbles and making spitting noises when he eats (super annoying, especially because he sprays it everywhere). I looked at him and told him 'No' and he thought it was hilarious. Everytime I said the word it was funnier to him. I think it is a foreshadowing of things to come.... Oh well.
We had a great play date with my friend Kari and her kiddos today :) And tomorrow we are Hilton Head bound. Hasta La Vista, Baby!

No comments: