Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Jury Is Still Out

For all of you who were on the edge of your seats wondering if I was guilty or innocent about the open container violation, you will just have to wait. Last Friday I woke at 6:15 am to make my 8 o'clock court appearance. I arrived in Iowa City only to find out this was an initial appearance, which meant I was SCHEDULING my court date. Seriously any lawyers out there, is this normal??? Can't this be done online or something? I showed up looking professional and with my 'statement' and photographic evidence for nothing. So my court date is scheduled for October 22 so stay tuned. Boo... And not that this needs to be repeated but I had to suffer through the Iowa v Arizona game the following night so needless to say it wasn't a stellar weekend. Oh well, if drinking tickets and Hawkeye losses are the two most stressful things I have going on right now I'd say life is pretty good!
And speaking of life is good we had an awesome time tonight celebrating Madeline's birthday. I'm not sure if there is anything more fun than watching a 1 year old discover cake. She took about 10 minutes to warm up to the idea but then it was game on. We have a chocolate fan!!!

And don't forget about Dylan. He loves birthday parties. Two forks are better than one!

No comments: